PROMISES MADE AND PROMISES KEPT
PUBLIC SAFETY ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Approved Carson's Sex Offender Ordinance
- Fought to prevent the drilling of 200 oil wells by OXY Oil Company
- Supported the passage of a stringent new oil ordinance prohibiting oil drilling within 750 feet of a home. NO FRACKING!
- Approved funding for the City of Carson's Sheriff's Park Enforcement Team
- Supported an ordinance to regulate the retail sale and cultivation of Marijuana
- RV ordinance passed prohibiting public street parking except in front of owner's home
QUALITY OF LIFE ISSUES
- Provided free meals to over 4,000 residents during COVID-19 pandemic
- Supported and drafted language for Measure C, the Utility Users tax, and the tax on oil companies. Both brought additional revenue to the city to maintain vital services.
- Supported Pension Obligation Bond to address rising cost of pension liability.
- Supports local hiring and Project labor agreements
- Negotiated a new contract with Waste Management's transfer station, generating $500,000 in annual revenue
- Approved the new Carson Rent Control Ordinance which benefits our Mobil Home Park residents.
- Passed a resolution to increase relocation benefits for Imperial Avalon Mobil Home Park
- Established a task-force to address homelessness in the city
- Implemented COVID-19 Small Bushiness Loan and Payroll Protection Programs
- Completion of the Avalon and 405 Freeway interchange
- Supported the beautification and transformation of the Carson Street Corridor; including landscaping, lighting and public are
- Project managed the renovation and beautification of the interior design of our Community Center
- Approved family housing: The Renaissance, Union at South Bay, the VEO, Cambria Court Condos, Caron Landing Town-homes, Evolve South bay, Arts Colony and Veterans Village
- Supported a new movie theater
- Supported the opening of new businesses: Burlington's, Ross, Planet Fitness, John's Incredible Pizza, Bellagio Express Car Wash and Floor & Decor.
- Chick-Fil-A and Raising Canes restaurants
- Creek at Dominguez Sports Complex (Victoria Park Golf Course)
- Carol Kimmelman Sports Academic Complex
- CSUDH Mixed-Use Development